This was the perfect recipe to prep ahead for weekly lunches!
Crockpot Burrito Bowls
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced organic low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- chili power, sea salt, red pepper flakes & paprika to your liking (I just did a sprinkle of each)
- 1 can organic black beans (rinse & drain)
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup frozen organic sliced bell peppers (I love the Whole Foods version)
- 1/2 cup frozen organic roasted corn kernels (also Whole Foods Brand)
- In your slow cooker layer your chicken breasts, tomatoes, chicken broth and seasoning.
- Cook on low 3 hours.
- Add in your rice, beans, and veggies and continue to cook on low another 2-3 hours.
- While cooking, stir occasionally to make sure the rice cooks evenly and all the way through, if needed you can add more chicken broth during this process.
- That’s it! Portion into your lunch servings and let cool completely before storing.
If you’re not home while prepping to stir the rice you can also add in pre cooked rice at the end. Simply add in your beans and frozen veggies for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Makes 6 servings
If you overate this weekend, this is the best time to break the cycle.
𝘐 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴…
Around the holidays I would restrict so much, that when the holiday would arrive, I’d undoubtedly overdo it, feel like I needed to start from scratch, put all the “bad” foods off limits again, and usually find myself off track again by Friday.
Then I made this shift and I want you to give it a try…
Instead of getting “𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘬” or going back to only “𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘯” foods or throwing away all of the cookies so you can’t eat any more….
I want you to eat normally.
Drink a lot of water.
Eat veggies, lean protein, and foods that make your body feel your best.
Have a leftover cookie if you want it.
When you stop restricting in order to reach your goals, and start fueling your body to feel your best, a crazy shift happens.
You can actually stay on track, because there’s never anything to fall off from.
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲.
You can’t undo this past weekend, but you can change your actions going forward:
Eat more fuel, more consistently.
And focus on 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 your best, not 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 your best, the rest will fall into place.
Did you have a good holiday? What is one thing you did to take care of your body today?