The 3 Day Refresh! Never did I think I would complete a cleanse and actually like it. I was fully prepared to be starving, cranky, and irritable for the full 3 days and this simply wasn’t the case. Originally I had no intentions of even giving BeachBody’s latest 3 day refresh cleanse a try, but after many questions about the cleanse, and enough of my own curiosity, I decided to give it a try.
What is the 3 Day Refresh?
The refresh is a 3 day cleanse with specially formulated shakes, healthy snacks, and delicious, easy-to-prepare meals that have been designed to help you lose weight and break the cycle of bad eating while dramatically improving the way you feel. One thing I loved about this was you get to eat real food instead of just shakes. I honestly wasn’t super hungry and felt overall satisfied and energized over the three days.
Why try the Refresh?
I think it is a great reset for unhealthy eating patterns and also a good way to jump start a healthier lifestyle. It would also be great if you need a quick slim down before an event.
What did I eat?
- Meal One: Vanilla Shakeology mixed with black iced coffee (the refresh recommends cutting out caffeine completely, but does allow one cup of black coffee if needed, and I needed it)
- Meal Two: Fiber sweep drink
- Meal Three: Vanilla Fresh shake mixed with frozen strawberries, carrot sticks with almond butter
- Meal Four: Snap peas or more carrots and almond butter
- Meal Five: Vanilla Fresh shake mixed with frozen berries, kale chips with coconut oil
Day One: Day one was the hardest day for me. I had a slight headache all day long, and felt a bit low on energy and really hungry. Because it was the first day it was easy to push through. I drank a lot of water and made to consume everything the refresh suggests, including the optional herbal teas and vegetable broth. I still had the energy to workout in the morning.
Day Two: Day two I woke up with a slight headache, but felt okay other than that and not very hungry in the morning. I got a workout in around 11 am and felt great with a lot of energy throughout. It actually ended up clearing up my headache. I was more tired than usual post workout. Excitingly enough, I wasn’t very hungry throughout the day and ended up skipping the suggested vegetable broth. I continued to drink a lot of water throughout the day.
Day Three: Day three I woke up feeling great with plenty of energy and not hungry. I did a quick 20 minute cardio workout and felt full of energy during it. I was a bit tired on day 3 throughout the day and little hungry but nothing too difficult. I stayed on track and noticed that I wasn’t having quite as many cravings as usual.
The Refresh doesn’t recommend working out during the three days. Because I am stubborn and not willing to give up three days of working out I continued to workout over the 3 days and actually felt great with my workouts. I did notice I didn’t recover quite as well after and was a bit more sore than usual. I also added in a bit extra fuel because I was working out.
Additions and Modifications:
As mentioned above, because I was working out on the refresh, I double the servings of healthy fats for my lunch and snack meal. This helped me a lot with energy and hunger. I also used unsweetened almond milk for my smoothies instead of water to get in some extra calories.
- Drink lots of water over the three days. It will keep you full and satisfied.
- Prepare to be bloated the first two days (this is from the water and fiber drink and went away by day 3)
- If you have low blood pressure or get lightheaded easily add sea salt to your vegetables and be sure to have the optional vegetable broth. This will help prevent dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, and dizziness
- If you are active over the three days or have a job that requires labor, double up on your fat servings.
- Plan the refresh for a time when you’ll be busy. I had a busy 3 days when completing the refresh, which made it easy to not really pay attention to my meals or hunger.
Overall I loved the Refresh but not for the usual reasons. I don’t weigh myself so I have no idea how much weight, if any, that I lost but I did notice a difference by the third day. I honestly was less concerned with weight loss, knowing most of it would be water weight, and more concerned with reseting my habits. Over the three days, I cut back to 1-2 cups of black coffee a day, and am typically a caffeine addict. I wasn’t craving sugar, felt really energized and well fueled, and was more conscious of my hunger. I honestly would recommend this to anyone looking to reset their body and get back into healthy patterns.
Up next, I am debating completing the Ultimate Reset. I absolutely loved this program and felt so great, energized, and really liked not having to think about my food. I think this will be a great month long reset for me and would love to have anyone interested join me. To sign up for the 3 Day Refresh or Ultimate Reset simply head here and click on shop and then programs. You’ll also get me as your coach which means access to my challenge groups and my support 24/7.
I’m also debating starting up a 3 day refresh challenge group. If you’d be interested send me a message and let me know so I can get something started ASAP. If you’re wondering if this will be right for you, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’m happy to give you more information.