We celebrated National Trail Mix Day yesterday and today I’m back with another holiday! Happy National Cherry Day!!! In honor of the day here is a Paleo Cherry Crumble recipe that is both easy to make and healthy! I’m participating in Kasey’s Powermeal a Week Challenge a day early but will be linking up tomorrow!
Before we get into the recipe let’s talk cherries for a minute! Why are cherries so good for us?
- Cherries are filled with antioxidants
- They have anti-inflammatory benefits
- They are a good source of fiber
- They aid in heart health
- They are a great source of beta carotene
- They can be a sleep aid, memory aid, and cancer aid
- 1lb pitted cherries
- 3 tbs. slivered almonds
- 3 tbs. almond meal/flour
- 1 tbs. coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pit and dice your cherries into small chunks.
- In a ramekin sprayed with olive oil combine your cherries with 2 tbs. of slivered almonds, 2 tbs. of almond meal and the 3 tbs. of coconut sugar.
- Top with the remaining tbs. of almond meal and slivered almonds and spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the top of the crumble starts to brown.
- Blueberry Muffins
- Ice Cream Month
- Fried Chicken
- Strawberry Parfait
- Eat all your veggies
- Peanut Butter Cookie
- Banana Bread
- Trail Mix
What’s your favorite summer fruit?? Cherries are mine!