Paleo In Minutes: Baked Apples

So this recipe is kind of a lie! It takes longer than a few minutes to cook but the prep can literally take you under one minute then all you have to do is leave it in the oven (or microwave) to bake! Simple! This also makes for a great dessert or nighttime snack when you’re in need of something sweet!

baked apple

Ingredients:

• 1 apple
  • 1 tbs. almond butter
  • 1-2 tbs. raisins
  • cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Use an apple corer to core your apple.
  3. Stuff the core with almond butter and raisins alternating between the two.
  4. Bake your apple in an oven safe dish for 30 minutes.
  5. Let cool, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!

Note: You can bake this in the microwave too if you like! Core your apple and bake in the microwave for around 8 minutes on high. Then stuff the middle with the fillings.

paleo baked apple

paleo baked apple

What’s your go to sweet treat when you want something at night??? Any favorite nighttime snacks?

45 thoughts on “Paleo In Minutes: Baked Apples

1. Michelle @ Eat Move Balance

I like baked apples, too . . . but I usually chop it up first, add about a tablespoon of almond milk, cinnamon, and either protein powder, peanut flour, or almond butter (just depends on what mood I’m in). I’ll also sometimes top with a few cacao nibs for an extra special treat. 😉

2. Jess @ JessieBearWhatWillYouWear

My favorite nighttime snack is usually cereal with almond milk and pb2 or peanut butter. This apple recipe looks awesome though. I just got this new peanut butter that’s ‘cinnamon raisin granola’ peanut butter, so all I would have to do is stuff that in there! I’ll have to try it and let ya know how it turns out.

3. Caitlin

What a good idea, I saw Lindsey of Lean Green Bean do something similar to this on IG the other night. The way the skin of the apple rippled up like that makes this look totally gourmet.

4. Lisa

This looks like a potato for some reason ha ha. I’m actually a freak, who doesn’t like cooked apples, but I think it’s because they are still slightly crunchy or something…this one doesn’t seem to be…maybe I’d actually like this!

1. danielle Post author

Hahaha I’m with you actually! I must prefer a regular apple too! This one wasn’t crunchy at all yet!

5. Maren

This is a fab idea! I’ve softened apples in a microwave before for oatmeal. do you think you could do that with this recipe? Then it would literally be minutes!

6. Nadja

wow this looks delicious (and simple), think i’m going to try it tomorrow! I also have to try an apple crisp recipe –> that girl is obsessed with apples too!
    Have you already tried Paleo lasagna? (you put zucchini or eggplant instead of the pasta).I did it tonight for the 2nd time and ooooh it was delicious! Even if i’m totally not eating Paleo, i like to try some Paleo recipes!