Mango Coconut Stir Fry

Every once in a while in the winter I need a little reminder that summer is not too far gone. That someday soon it will be warm and sunny again there will be zero snow in sight. I know I have months to go until this actually happens but that doesn’t mean I can’t pretend. This stir fry reminds me of summer while still giving me that warm comforting feeling I crave from my fall meals. The addition of mango and coconut makes me feel like I’m in Hawaii even though I’m eating this in cold snowy Boston!

mango coconut stir fry

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup carrots, diced
  • 1 and a 1/2 cups sugar snap peas
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 mango, cubed
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/4 cup coconut aminos
  • 1 tbs. unrefined coconut oil
  • Protein of choice 1 lb. if using animal protein (I used precooked turkey breast from Trader Joe’s, but you could use chicken breast, beef, shrimp, tofu, anything you like)

Directions:

1. Chop up all of your vegetables into small pieces as well as your protein if necessary.
  2. Warm a large skillet with 1 tbs. coconut oil.
  3. If cooking raw meat saute your meat first, if not skip this step.
  4. Add your veggies to the skillet and saute until tender.
  5. Add in the coconut flakes, precooked protein of choice, and drizzle with coconut aminos.
  6. Continue to saute until everything is hot.
  7. Serve and enjoy!

Makes 4 servings

I ate mine as is but you can serve with brown rice, quinoa, or cauliflower “rice”.

mango coconut stir fry

mango coconut stir fry

What do you miss most about the summer during the winter months???

Enhanced by Zemanta

43 thoughts on “Mango Coconut Stir Fry

1. Joanna @ Midwestern Bite

I received some roasted coconut chips in my last Foodie Pen Pals package and I bet they would be great in this recipe. And I’m such a sucker for anything with snap peas. We use cauliflower rice quite a bit here too. That and spaghetti squash.

I miss not having to wear socks in the summer! Not just for me, but getting a one year old to keep his socks on is pretty much impossible. :/

1. danielle Post author

Hahaha I hear you on the socks! I miss running out the door in flip flops too! Roasted coconut chips in this would be an amazing touch!

2. Amanda @ Run Principessa

Oh this sounds so tasty! Currently I’m in rainy-slightly-chilly-but-not-cold-enough-for-snow Philadelphia and it’s DRIVING ME NUTS. The grass is always greener…er. Whiter. I guess?

I miss being able to walk outside without looking at the weather. Haha.

3. Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl

This sounds awesome! I would love to try it with tofu served over brown rice…sounds delish!

The things that I miss most about summer during the winter months are being able to wear shorts and flip flops & the fact that it doesn’t get dark until 8-9 pm at night. There is just something about it getting dark at 5 pm that is kind of depressing! :(

4. Lisa

Another fantastic recipe Danielle! I’m so impressed by your constant creativity! I think the only thing I miss about Summer is wearing dresses and skirts haha. Otherwise I try and appreciate what each season brings. I love snow so much!

5. Amanda @ .running with spoons.

!!! Okay, this recipe is definitely going on my to-make-now list. I made a chicken stir fry with toasted sesame oil the other day, but the combination of coconut and mango sounds absolutely divine. Thanks for sharing! And I’d have to say that the thing I miss most about summer is the abundance of fresh fruit and actually being warm…

6. Caitlin

This looks great, Danielle! I love tropical and need as many reminders of warmth as I can get during the New England winter. I am making it through the cold right now because in just 2 days I will be jetting off to FLORIDA! Also, I will be in Boston tomorrow and the next day! Just a super quick trip though but I’ll be thinking of you :)

1. danielle Post author

Ahh I’m so jealous you’ll be heading to Florida! Enjoy the sunshine. Let me know next time you’re in Boston. We will have to meet up :)

7. Pingback: Spinach Salad with Chicken, Orange, and Raspberry