Since being diagnosed with Celiac disease the adjustment has been pretty easy to make. Most of the food I eat is naturally gluten free anyway and when I crave things like cereal or bread there are plenty of gluten free replacements available. Every once in a while though I do get a twinge of jealously when I see a really awesome recipe using regular flour or other gluten contaminated ingredients. I recently saw this awesome recipe on Shay’s blog and thought they sounded amazing. I got inspired to make my own Paleo and gluten free version that would hopefully be just as good. Now I can’t promise these are any comparison to the original but they did get my gluten-eating sister stamp of approval!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl lightly beat your eggs and cashew butter together.
- Add in the vanilla and continue to mix.
- Slowly mix in the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Lastly gently mix in your chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until browned.
- Let cool, slice into bars, and enjoy!
Makes 12 bars
What’s your favorite place to find baking recipes???