One thing I always do for the blog is keep a list of recipe ideas I get or things I want to attempt to make Paleo or gluten free. A very long time ago someone requested I figure out how to make chocolate crinkle cookies that were Paleo. Since then I’ve been working on it but have yet to figure it out. While I’ve never actually had a real chocolate crinkle cookie I imagine them to be chocolatey and cake like. These cookies do have somewhat of a resemblance I think becasue they are super chocolatey and a bit fudgie. Plus they taste like cake. The only they don’t have is the powdered sugar. Instead I replaced it with a much more Paleo swap of unsweetened coconut (or sprinkles…not Paleo…for some color). Hope you like them!
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter (just almonds)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Unsweetened coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the eggs and almond butter stirring well.
- Add in the honey and vanilla blending until combined.
- Drop batter onto a greased baking sheet by 1/2 tbs. full.
- Sprinkle the cookies with unsweetened coconut.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until tops begin to crack.
Makes 20 cookies
What recipe would you like to see made Paleo or Gluten Free next??