First things first, I have to apologize for the tupperware pictures in this post! I had no plans to share this recipe with you but I ended up loving it so much that I had to share. I always feel like I am such a fraud as a nutritionist when I say this, but I’m not the biggest fan of veggies. I went through a phase where I convinced myself I liked kale chips only to discover that I was actually choking them down. Now I stick to the veggies that I love and am always exploring new ways to make them more appealing. This dish was a win for me and while I still won’t say kale is my favorite (anyone else think it’s way too chewy?), I will say I’m growing to like it more and more. All you green veggie haters enjoy!
- 2 bunches fresh kale (or one large bag fresh chopped kale)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbs. agave nectar
- Begin by chopping your kale into small pieces and dicing your peppers.
- In a skillet over low heat warm your coconut oil and add in the bell peppers. Saute the peppers until tender.
- Next add in your kale and 2 tbs. of coconut aminos, cover and let simmer over low heat to wilt.
- Once your kale is wilted add in the remaining coconut aminos and agave and let cook over low heat 2-3 minutes longer.
Makes 4 servings
What’s your favorite way to cook or eat your greens?