Fall season is here and that means pumpkin season is back! I can wait to share this new recipe with you! I’ve made pumpkin muffins before but am always experimenting with new ones. These are a cake-like muffin that work great as a pre-workout snack. They are also free of gluten and are paleo. Enjoy them and get into the fall spirit!
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbs. stevia or honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 2 tbs. almond butter
- 3 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the coconut flour, stevia, baking powder, and spices.
- Next add in the pumpkin, melted almond butter, melted coconut oil, and pure vanilla extract.
- Lastly, in a separate bowl whip your egg whites well until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites gently into the muffin batter.
- Scoop mixture into well greased muffin tins and bake 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?
P.S. Because my original run of the Clean Up Your Diet 21-Day Program has been such a success, I’ve decided to host another one! Keep your eyes peeled late October or get on the wait list now. It’s a great chance to boost your health before the holiday season.