These macaroons are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and almost Paleo. Do you have anyone in your life that once they hear these words they automatically pass?! My sister is the queen of this. Once I tell here something is Paleo she gives me “that look” and I know she’s already skeptical before she even tries it. I promise you these are an exception though. They just have some really great quality ingredients packed with flavor so you don’t need a lot of them. They get crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Perfect cookie in my book. So when you make these don’t tell anyone they are free of anything! Let them try them, make their opinions and then inform they just how good they are. I bet they’ll be surprised!
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine the coconut, almond flour, cacao nibs, and sea salt.
- Add in the vanilla and melted coconut oil and begin to mix.
- Slowly add in the maple syrup until the coconut mixture begins to get sticky. You may need more or less syrup depending.
- Shape your macaroons in tbs. sized balls and place on well greased (these will stick!) baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes until the tops start to brown slightly.
Makes 20 Macaroons
What’s your favorite “healthier” treat that tastes great? Are you skeptical of foods labeled as “healthy”???
P.S. I mentioned my coach, Sarah Jenks yesterday and wanted to make sure you’re not missing out. She’s releasing brand new training videos for Live More Weigh Less and I am so excited to share them with you! Check it out here