As a kid I never stuck to my hobbies and activities for long. I’ve talked before about my one year stint with soccer (and how terrible I was), my two years of basketball, a few years of dance. I basically wanted to do whatever my friends were doing. I was a girl scout for two years. Technically I think I was a brownie cause I wasn’t old enough to be a girl scout. The only reason I signed up was because everyone else was doing it and I thought it was cool to stay after school for it. Trust me I was far from a cool kid. The only thing I remember from girl scouts was selling the cookies and our sleepover at the museum of science. Maybe that sounds fun but let me tell you it was not. My poor mom volunteered with us and I don’t think either of us will ever get over it (sorry again mom!). We slept on the hard floor of the museum and I was totally spooked out by it. I had to skip the 3-d theater cause it made me sick. I was in a group without my friends. Not fun. I’ve never been a fan of sleepovers and this just sealed the deal. I prefer my sleep. I like my own bed. I am not adventurous. I was good at selling the cookies though….or at least my mom was! Thank God for my poor mom! Hopefully these cookies will make up for my two years as a brownie.
- 1/2 cup white sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint oil
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine your flours, arrowroot starch, and cocoa powder.
- Next mix in the coconut sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum and sea salt.
- Using a hand mixer blend in the applesauce, brown rice, syrup, and 1/4 cup melted coconut oil.
- Lastly stir in your vanilla extract and peppermint oil.
- Drop you cookies by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely then…
- In a microwave safe dish melt together 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tbs. coconut oil.
- Dip your cookies one at a time into the chocolate to coat them and place them on wax paper to set.
- Let the chocolate cool completely and enjoy!
Makes around 22 cookies
What’s your favorite girl scout cookie???
Were you a fan of sleepovers?