Healthier swaps for the foods you crave! Save calories and up your nutrition game with these swaps!
Another delicious salad idea… mozzarella, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and avocado!
Mix and enjoy 🍽 what’s on your lunch plate?!
Let’s talk about dining out!!! It doesn’t have to be a bad experience or to derail your diet!! Here are some tips for staying the course! Plan ahead and make it happen!!!
- Develop an “I don’t have to eat it all!” Mindset. Make up your mind before you go that you don’t have to get the most bang for your buck by cleaning your plate. KEEP YOUR GOAL IN MIND.
- Satisfy hunger only. Eat for the purpose of satisfying your hunger, but no more. Be mindful while you eat and when you hit the point of satiety STOP!
- Start small and green. Start your meal with a salad, without dressing. Use a spritz of lemon or some balsamic vinegar.
- Broth is best. When there is no salad option have a broth based soup.
- NO BREAD PLEASE! Nix the bread before your meal and ask for it not to be brought to the table!
- Know your best options Look for entree options featuring steamed or raw veggies and grilled, baked or roasted meats or fish. If they aren’t listed, ask the server to prepare it that way. Oh and don’t always trust the low fat or fat free symbols.
- Portion Control. Have a good look at your plate when it arrives. Restaurants tend to double the portions. Ask for a doggie bag and split your meal in half.
- Avoid Alcohol You want to avoid alcohol because sugar can derail you in the most powerful way. Have sparkling water with lemon or lime slices.
- Stop before the end. Think of your plan to shed those pounds, if you can’t resist something sweet ask for a dish of fresh fruit and leave it at that!
- Meet a friend at the gym
- Have a game night at home with healthy clean snacks
- Volunteer together at a local charity
- Meet at the park for a walk or bike ride
- Take a fitness class with friends!
Can’t wait to try out this recipe for Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies!!! AND they have quinoa in them! One of my favorite protein packed grains!!
They’re gluten free and would be perfect to bring to a Christmas or Holiday party!
Here’s the recipe:
*Nonstick cooking spray
*2 cups cooked quinoa
*½ cup all-natural peanut butter
*5 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
*1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan Salt)
*1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
*1 large egg
*⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Lightly coat two large baking sheets with spray. Set aside.
Combine quinoa, peanut butter, maple syrup, salt, extract, and egg in a large bowl; mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips; gently mix until blended.
Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until set.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets; remove from sheets and cool completely on a wire rack
Makes 24 cookies! (1 yellow and 1 tsp on the fix per cookie)
What a difference TWO YEARS makes! How I wish I had found Beachbody and my love of fitness SOONER!! And I have to admit the mental and emotional transformation has been so much greater than the physical.
The girl on the left simply HATED everything about her body and the girl on the right has learned to APPRECIATE it. Fitness and our amazing community have given me that.
My outlook on life, self-esteem, and fitness is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT now and I’m going to let you in on another secret….I weigh exactly the same in these two pictures. Treat your body right and it will take care of you right back.