So you got your first bag of Shakeology Now what?! Here are my tips for some of the perfect recipes!
If you follow the directions on the back of the bag- most likely you will make it WAY to thick!!! I use 12 oz of unsweetened vanilla cashew or almond milk and then add a few clean foods to it to add more flavor and variety. Add more or less liquid depending on whether you like a thicker or thinner shake.
Also remember that adding a nut or dairy milk, to your shake will make it much smoother than just water. If your shake is still too thick or too gritty, reduce the amount of Shakeology you use or pour in an extra ounce of milk. It may require a little experimentation, but you’ll get it right if you keep trying!
You can also change the texture and flavor of your shake by adding natural ingredients. I like to add peanut (or almond) butter, bananas, strawberries and ice. Other ingredients to consider are Greek yogurt or avocado.
If you’re using the vegan formulas, Beachbody experts indicate that they may actually have a more grainy texture as a result of the rice and pea proteins used. Consider switching to the non-vegan options.
Lastly, consider investing in a quality blender. A blender it will make it much smoother than simply using a shaker cup will. Blending it longer may help with the texture.
Here are my personal FAVORITE RECIPES
Tropical Vegan Shakeology, 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk, crushed ice, (shake and GO!) – this is my daily staple.
1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology, 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 frozen banana, 2 tsp peanut butter.
Vegan tropical strawberry with 1/2 cup Oj and water, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup pineapple and 1/4 cup mango.
Strawberry Shakeology with unsweetened almond milk, frozen strawberries, and 2 tsp. peanut butter
If you just can’t get past the fact that you’re replacing a meal or snack with a shake and NEED something to physically eat, consider one of these recipes. Here are some other options to incorporate Shakeology into your diet:
CHOCOLATE SHAKEOLOGY PUDDING (Makes 4 servings)
- 1½ scoops Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Place Shakeology, avocado, banana, almond milk, and lemon juice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. (If too thick, add additional almond milk.)
- Pour into four dessert cups; refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until set.
CHOCOLATE ENERGY BARS Makes 12 servings, 1 bar each
- 4 scoops Chocolate Shakeology
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup all-natural creamy organic peanut butter
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine Shakeology, oats, walnuts, and raisins in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add almond milk and peanut butter; mix well with a spatula or by hand.
- Place in an 8 x 8-inch pan that is lightly coated with spray. Press down to flatten in to pan. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Cut into 12 bars.
VANILLA NO-BAKE COOKIES (Makes 15 servings, 1 ball each)
- 1½ scoops Vanilla Shakeology
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup all-natural organic peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup sliced raw almonds (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Combine Shakeology, almond flour, and oats in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add peanut butter and almond milk; mix well with a spatula or by hand until it forms a thick batter.
- Roll mixture into fifteen balls, each about 1-inch in size.
- Roll balls in almonds.
It may take you a few tries before you find the combo you like, but I will help you get you started in the right direction…ENJOY and stay consistent!!!!