Snack boxes….no need to derail your diet by eating out! Go prepared
Are you on the go a lot?
Eat more meals in your car than at your dinner table?
Never have time for a healthy meal?
Stop making excuses. I am constantly on the go between work, my own training, and traveling between towns, so I have been forced to become creative about finding healthy foods that are easy to pack. I wanted to share some of my favorites with you, so next time you are on the go, you can bring along plenty of healthy options! Here you go…
-Freeze dried fruit
-Sliced raw veggies (carrots, bell pepper, snap peas, cucumber, and celery all pack great)
-Lara bars or kind bars
-Hard boiled eggs
-Almond butter packets
-Portioned out nuts and seeds (22 almonds is a serving)
-Smashed avocado with veggies
-Shakeology (Healthiest meal of the day)
-Grilled chicken breast
-Brown rice cake with an almond butter packet
*Portion out some snacks you can grab and go for the week on Sundays
What are you favorite snacks?
Back to School Time is upon us! That means some extra, easily packable recipes from me. These bars make the perfect granola bar replacement and they are packed with super-foods and 100% gluten free. They would work great in your child’s lunchbox or as your own sweet treat! They are also packed full of my absolute favorite food: coconut! They are no bake and take minutes to make. You can even get the kids involved. Hope you enjoy them!
- 1-cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tbs. maca powder
- 2 tbs. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup carob chips or cacao nibs
- In a mixing bowl combine the coconut, maca powder, sea salt, and almond meal until combined.
- Next add in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil, stirring well to combine.
- Lastly add in the goji berries and carob chips.
- If the mixture is not sticking well together add in another tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Press the mixture into a 6X6 container, cover, and freeze overnight.
- Slice into bars and store in the freezer.
P.S. You only have a few days left to sign up for my 21-Day Clean Up Your Diet Program!
I promise you won’t be disappointed. These will be 21 days packed with nutrition advice, recipes, and more. You can ditch all the diet books for good. Some side effects might include improved digestion, weight loss, improved energy, and better sleep! The best part?! It only takes 21 days Head over here to sign up now!