After making this recipe again last night, I decided I just had to share it with you because it was too good to keep to myself. It’s spicy so if you’re not a huge fan of spice cut out the red pepper flake! Make it for dinner tonight and let me know what you think!
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2-3 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle of red pepper flake
- In a skillet sauté your chicken breast, diced into small pieces in the tbs. of olive oil.
- Once the chicken is no longer pink add in the red bell pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add in the coconut aminos, juice, from the lemon and honey and let sauté 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- Lastly add in the cayenne pepper and red pepper flake and let simmer 3-5 minutes over low heat.
Makes 4 servings
P.S. Just a reminder that my tele-class is taking place tomorrow night! If you want the call in details, sign up here to join me. I can’t wait. Also registration for my brand new 21-Day Clean Up Your Diet Program opens on Wednesday! You don’t want to miss out on this. Head over here for all of the details and to sign up very soon!
P.P.S Be sure to head over to Heather’s Blog, HouseWife Glamour for my latest guest post, How to Stay Fit, Fueled, and Fabulous!
If you’ve read my blog for a while now you probably know I’m not the biggest fan of veggies. I like them okay but they’re definitely not my meal of choice. For this reason whenever I come up with a new recipe I try to figure out a way to get in as many vegetables as possible. This recipe is no exception! Full of plant protein and healthy carbohydrates from vegetables, this meal definitely gets you multiple plant servings in one meal. I also used my secret trick of adding tons of spices to make the veggies taste even better!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 and 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice your sweet potatoes in small cubes and place on a baking sheet sprayed with olive oil. ***Little tip for crispier potatoes, soak the raw potatoes in water for 30 minutes. It removes some of the starch and makes them crisp up better. I learned this tip from the Detoxinista!
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 40-45 minutes until roasted.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking dice the zucchini and bell pepper into small pieces.
- Once your potatoes are done preheat a skillet with a tsp. of olive oil.
- Saute the zucchini and bell pepper until cooked over low heat.
- Add in the black beans and zest your lime over the mixture.
- Next add in your spices followed by the sweet potato and continue to saute over low heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4-6 servings
What’s your favorite way to spice up your vegetables???