This was the perfect recipe to prep ahead for weekly lunches!
Crockpot Burrito Bowls
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can diced organic low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- chili power, sea salt, red pepper flakes & paprika to your liking (I just did a sprinkle of each)
- 1 can organic black beans (rinse & drain)
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup frozen organic sliced bell peppers (I love the Whole Foods version)
- 1/2 cup frozen organic roasted corn kernels (also Whole Foods Brand)
- In your slow cooker layer your chicken breasts, tomatoes, chicken broth and seasoning.
- Cook on low 3 hours.
- Add in your rice, beans, and veggies and continue to cook on low another 2-3 hours.
- While cooking, stir occasionally to make sure the rice cooks evenly and all the way through, if needed you can add more chicken broth during this process.
- That’s it! Portion into your lunch servings and let cool completely before storing.
If you’re not home while prepping to stir the rice you can also add in pre cooked rice at the end. Simply add in your beans and frozen veggies for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Makes 6 servings