Category Archives: Miscellaneous
How to Create Self Love & Acceptance
How to make peace with your trigger foods…
Have you ever had that food that you just can’t seem to control yourself around?
You do well all day and your nighttime sugar fix is your weakness?
You can’t keep M & Ms in the house cause you’ll eat the whole bag?
You know a jar of peanut butter never lasts long because you’re supposed to be an adult, but you’re eating the jar with a fork for dinner on a Tuesday?
Want to know one of my favorite hacks to help my clients “gain control” around these foods?
Foods in fact, they typically deem “off limits”, “bad” or feel like they can’t keep in the house…
Actually eat them.
Now I know that sounds crazy, and trust me that doesn’t have to mean that you’re ready just yet to grab a handful of m&m’s from the bag in the pantry, but here’s what I want you to try doing:
- STOP labeling your foods as good or bad. Foods are just food. Some are better for our bodies and some are better for our souls, but they are literally just nutrients we consume.
- Allow yourself to have these foods in a manner that you can feel more in control around them.
We can do this in a few ways:
For some it’s consuming them at a time when you feel more in control of your choices. Maybe this means adding some chocolate chips in your morning oatmeal because you rarely overeat early in the day. Or, adding your chips to the end of your very filling lunch salad packed with protein and fiber for lunch so you feel more satisfied.
For others, it’s going and purchasing a single serving of your favorite food one day at a time, or going out for that food (like ice cream) instead of keeping it in the house, until you build up more confidence around that food.
Reality is, the more we actually normalize the foods we claim to “struggle” with the more in control we’ll feel around them, BUT one of the biggest things I’ve learned is we need to do it in the approach that’s right for you.
Because reality is, if you told me to just intuitively eat from a bag of peanut butter cups in my cabinet, they’d be gone in a day. So for me, the best approach may be to get a single serving of peanut butter cups every day for two weeks. Most likely, by the end of the two weeks I may not even want it.
When it comes to weight loss…
Mindset matters. Habits matter. The stories we tell ourselves matter.
Let’s focus on normalizing all foods. Removing the judgment and giving ourselves grace. I’m working on it too, wanna join me?!
Trader Joe’s Shopping List
I get it, grocery shopping can be overwhelming, especially with all of the options. The one thing I always get asked about is what I buy at Trader Joe’s so I wanted to give a breakdown of my go-to staples, especially for our ladies diving in to round two of Gut Protocol.
Here is my go to list currently:
Frozen Fruits & Veggies:
- Organic Riced Cauliflower
- Bell Pepper Trio
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice (It’s SPICY)
- Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry
- Colorful Carrot Coins
- Rainbow Cauliflower Florets
- Fine Green Beans
- Organic Green Vegetable Foursome
- Shakshuka Starter
- Organic Wild Blueberries
- Dark Sweet Pitted Cherries
- Organic Frozen Strawberries
- Organic Mixed Berry Blend
- Jicama Wraps
- Jicama Sticks
- Fresh greens (Organic 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘤𝘩 & 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘭𝘢 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘴)
- Organic Broccoli Slaw
- Kohlrabi Noodles
- Ready Veggies
- Sprinkles Teeny Tomatoes
- Murasaki Sweet Potatoes
- Petite Rainbow Carrots
- Persian Cucumbers
- Organic Mini Bell Peppers
- Butternut Squash Zig Zags
- Teeny Tiny Avocados
- Hearts of Palm Noodles (in the pasta & sauce section)
- Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- Organic Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- Pre-Cooked Just Chicken
- 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 96% Lean Ground Beef
- Organic Chicken Breast
- Cage Free Organic Eggs
- Frozen Turkey Burgers
- Egg Wraps
Dairy & Non Dairy:
- Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (not GP approved)
- Silver Goat Cheese (not GP approved)
- Shredded Light Mozzarella Cheese (not GP approved)
- Vegan Cashew Cheddar Slices
- Vegan Shredded Parmesan Cheese Alternative
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Frozen Brown Rice or Jasmine Rice
- Organic Tricolor Quinoa
- Hearts of Palm Noodles
- Organic Rolled Oats with Ancient Grains (these are certified gluten free)
- Mini Corn Tortillas (only ingredients are corn, water, and lime)
- Almond Flour Tortillas
Canned, Spices & Baking Aisle :
- Organic Pinto Beans with Sea Salt
- Organic Garbanzo Beans
- Diced & No Salt Added Tomatoes
- Miso Ginger Broth
- Seasonings (I love their seasoning blends, the taco mix, chili lime, cheesy, and everything but the elote are my faves)
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Aminos
- Just a Handful of Pitted Salted Manzanilla Olives
- Nutritional Yeast
- Organic Avocado Oil Spray
- Trail Mix Section
- Organic Unsweetened Coconut Chips
- Organic Completely Cacao Chips (these are sometimes in the frozen section)
- Freeze dried fruit (the blueberries & apples are my faves)
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- GT’s Kombucha (I love the gingerade)
- Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Frozen Shrimp Stir Fry (𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘰 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶’𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘩)
- Plantain Chips (fair warning I cannot keep these in the house)
- Grainless Tortilla Chips
- Candy Coated chocolate peanuts
𝘔𝘺 𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘣 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦: always check the ingredients list. The shorter the list the better, and try to go for ingredients you understand & can pronounce. Everything listed is gluten free (I have Celiac) and will all be Gut Protocol approved unless noted.
Here is my updated go-to list 📚 save & for your next trip 🛒
𝗪𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐨-𝐭𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐉𝐨𝐞’𝐬?! 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐟𝐮𝐥?